The ideal candidate
Rapport is looking for a Unreal Engineer, the ideal candidate is passionate about games and technology.
You have a knack for working on Unreal plugin development and are familiar with C++ and blueprinting processes.
You know how to self-motivate to deliver on time, while also collaborating and communicating effectively with a distributed team. You have a thirst for knowledge and are looking to grow your career in a fast-paced startup.
At Rapport, we’re building a fast-growing team of brand evangelists, scientists, engineers, designers, and doers who are focused on creating a positive future for human-machine communication. We solve hard problems and hold ourselves and our tech to a higher standard. We bring to life the physical manifestation of a brand, putting a face to the name. We are not your average “animation company”. We tackle every project with unbridled enthusiasm, promising to deliver the best experience--whether that be for internal employees, or enterprise leaders, customers, and clients.
As the most advanced, and most natural way to interact with an animated AI or character, we continue to disrupt the traditional animation industry.
Want to join us?
This role will report to the senior programmer on the team, and work with all disciplines in the company.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Implement Unreal plugin using a combination of C++ and blueprints
- Working closely with the team to turn ideas from design, through prototyping, to production
- Test, debug, profile, analyse and optimise your code
Requirements / qualifications
- Proactive individual with a can-do attitude
- Comfortable working with a team of mixed disciplines, with good verbal and written skills
- Good knowledge of working in UE4
- Good C++ programming, comfortable coding and debugging systems
- Comfortable using blueprinting in UE4
- Passionate about games development and technology
- Continuous learning mindset
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Graduate level or 1-2 years experience - This is not a hard and fast number, but an indicator of the experience level we are seeking for this position. We are looking for someone who’s talent we can help develop and nurture in a busy and engaging environment.
Rapport offers a competitive benefit package including:
- Pension Scheme
- Private Health Insurance
- Online Mental Health Support
- Generous Holiday Allowance
- Working from home support
- Flexible working hours
- Advancement opportunities
- Stock options in future staff option rounds
Discrimination/harassment will never be tolerated. There will be no discrimination based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on 'protected categories,' we also strive to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our team.
Contact: email@example.com to submit a cover letter + resume.