The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate is able to confidently communicate directly with engineers, team leads, solution architect, any other internal roles, customers and business stakeholders required.
You have a knack for breaking down technical information into digestible instruction, scoping projects and optimizing efficiency.
You know how to self-motivate to deliver on time, while also collaborating and communicating effectively with a distributed team. You have a thirst for knowledge and are looking to grow your career in a fast-paced startup, while working independently.
At Rapport (powered by Speech Graphics), we’re building a fast-growing team of brand evangelists, scientists, engineers, designers, and doers who are focused on creating a positive future for human-machine communication. We solve hard problems and hold ourselves and our tech to a higher standard. We bring to life the physical manifestation of a brand, putting a face to the name. We are not your average “animation company”. We tackle every project with unbridled enthusiasm, promising to deliver the best experience--whether that be for internal employees, or enterprise leaders, customers, and clients.
As the most advanced, and most natural way to interact with an animated AI or character, we continue to disrupt the traditional animation industry.
Want to join us?
As development continues to march forward, we have a growing demand for Project Manager who can lead our technical teams toward the strategic goals. This role requires significant technical expertise as well as strong communication and project management skills. With this combination of expertise, our new Project Manager will be able to optimize resource management, project planning, and delivery.
The role will deal directly with engineers, team leads, solution architect, any other internal roles, customers and business stakeholders. Technical experience and knowledge are important for this role, but there is no requirement to be hands-on in any part of the technical development - you do not have to be a developer or engineer, but you should have a background in working very closely with developers and an ability to "speak their language".
- Prioritizing tasks as the project progresses
- Ensuring all project expectations are fulfilled to ensure maximum satisfaction
- Functioning as the main point of contact for all technical teams
- Elaborating on the scope and range of the project
- Defining project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value
- Documenting any progress made across all working components of the project
- Leading multiple teams through the entire lifecycle of the project
- Defining and managing a well-defined project management process
- Championing ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management
- Assisting in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments and removing roadblocks to their work
- Managing the expectations both internally and externally, too
- Reporting on progress to seniors and escalating issues when necessary
- Keeping in check the budget, billings, and accounting for the project
- Creating and maintaining successful business relationships
- Forecasting potential resources required for the project
- Ensuring all milestones in the project lifecycle are attained within set periods
- Organizing regular team meetings, so that new challenges or constraints may come to light
- Organizing workshops and training for people who need up-skilling
We want to do awesome things and build a state-of-art cloud-based platform, so we are looking for an innovative, creative Technical Project Manager to get on board and help to achieve our ambitious goals.
The candidate should have experience (or solid knowledge) with cloud based platforms, programming awareness, solid understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle and Agile practices as well as extensive experience on dealing with complex technical projects run in parallel.
The role is working closely with the engineering team, the product team and business stakeholders to ensure the business needs are met.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices
- A proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects using Agile methodologies including experience as a Project Manager managing, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Experience in coaching and mentoring employees and emerging talent
- A master’s degree in the relevant field, or in project management is advantageous
- A professional project management certification would be a bonus
The ideal candidate will also:
- Be able to communicate vision clearly to stakeholders at multiple levels
- Be a strong leader for their teams
- Have the ability to handle both formal and informal business environments
- Be great at keeping team members on task and in check
- Be able to check in and ensure team members are working efficiently towards the goals set
- Confidently answer technical questions and communicate information to those with various levels of "technical understanding"
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
- Be level-headed and think wisely in a high-pressure situations
- Have effective negotiation skills
This position will join an incredibly talented and diverse workforce as part of a pioneering and visionary technology start-up. In return you can expect:
- Private healthcare
- 28 days holiday, plus additional time off over the festive period
- £120 towards improving your home set up (we will provide devices and equipment required for you role, this budget can be used to make your home set up more comfortable)
- Annual Learning and Development budget
- Anonymous health and wellbeing platform
- Flexible/remote working options
We are currently working remotely and interviews will take place via Zoom/Video call. We do have an office located in Edinburgh City Centre, that is available for use!
(Although we take a flexible approach to remote working, there will be occasions where travel to our HQ or core locations is expected - please take this into consideration when applying!)
At Speech Graphics/Rapport we value our staff and treat everyone with respect and without discrimination. We are committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from a diverse and multicultural workforce.
Please note this is a UK based role and applicants will require legal right to work in the UK.