Speech data engineer
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate is passionate about data and languages!
You have a knack for data exploration and management; ensuring data integrity and tackling hard problems.
You know how to self-motivate to deliver on time, while also collaborating and communicating effectively with a distributed team. You have a thirst for knowledge and are looking to grow your career in a fast-paced startup.
At Rapport, we’re building a fast-growing team of brand evangelists, scientists, engineers, designers, and doers who are focused on creating a positive future for human-machine communication. We solve hard problems and hold ourselves and our tech to a higher standard. We bring to life the physical manifestation of a brand, putting a face to the name. We are not your average “animation company”. We tackle every project with unbridled enthusiasm, promising to deliver the best experience--whether that be for internal employees, or enterprise leaders, customers, and clients.
As the most advanced, and most natural way to interact with an animated AI or character, we continue to disrupt the traditional animation industry.
Want to join us?
The Speech Data Engineer will join our growing Data and Linguistics team.
You will be responsible for the continued development of our extensive multilingual speech database as well as designing and executing various speech data projects. You will be an integral part of the core technology group, collaborating with other data engineers and linguists; machine learning researchers; software engineers; technical artists; producers, and more.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the broader speech science team to gain insights into our current data and identify future data requirements
Use existing tools and methods as well as developing new approaches towards:
- quick and effective speech data and metadata collection
- annotation specific to the goal of accurate and emotive facial animation
- management; processing and analysis of speech data and its corresponding metadata
- Research novel solutions to improve and develop Speech Graphics, our core technology
- Present projects and scientific findings to the broader speech science team and CTO in weekly meetings
- Promote data best practices and scientific integrity at all times
Requirements / Qualifications
- MSc in a relevant field and/or previous professional employment in the field
- At least one year of experience programming in a scripting language
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a team and independently
- Eagerness to learn new skills and technologies
- Background in linguistics (especially phonetics and phonology)
- Research experience
- Excellent programming skills in Python
- Experience working with speech or audio data
- Experience working with databases (ideally SQL)
- Experience working with version control (git; dvc)
Rapport offers a competitive benefit package including:
- Pension Scheme
- Private Health Insurance
- Online Mental Health Support
- Generous Holiday Allowance
- Working from home support
- Flexible working hours
- Advancement opportunities
- Stock options in future staff option rounds
Discrimination/harassment will never be tolerated. There will be no discrimination based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on 'protected categories,' we also strive to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our team.
Contact: email@example.com to submit a cover letter + resume.