At Rapport (powered by Speech Graphics), we’re building a fast-growing team of brand evangelists, scientists, engineers, designers, and doers who are focused on creating a positive future for human-machine communication. We solve hard problems and hold ourselves and our tech to a higher standard. We bring to life the physical manifestation of a brand, putting a face to the name. We are not your average “animation company”. We tackle every project with unbridled enthusiasm, promising to deliver the best experience--whether that be for internal employees, or enterprise leaders, customers, and clients.
As the most advanced, and most natural way to interact with an animated AI or character, we continue to disrupt the traditional animation industry. You can find more here: https://rapport.cloud/solutions/gaming/
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate is passionate about creating elegant and maintainable solutions to a range of complex problems.
You have a knack for picking up new technologies quickly and identifying and implementing the most relevant ones.
You know how to self-motivate to deliver on time, while also collaborating and communicating effectively. You have a thirst for knowledge and are looking to grow your career in a fast-paced startup.
As a Software Engineer you will be responsible for supporting our software products and tools under the guidance of a Senior Engineer. You will be working within a wider multidisciplinary team of machine learning, linguistics, audio signal processing and graphics specialists. You will support our existing real-time facial animation technology as well as developing new systems, tools and performance optimisations. Your work will be technically challenging and will have exciting impacts across verticals in communications and entertainment.
- At least 1 year of relevant, professional experience
- Proficiency in C++ and build systems (CMake)
- Experience in compiling code on various operating systems (Linux, Windows, OSX)
- Experience in scripting and automation using Python and or Bash
- Experience with continuous integration tools (i.e. Jenkins)
- Proficiency with Git
- Good problem solving and debugging skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work within a team
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- An interest in DevOps
- Experience working with Containers (i.e. Docker)
- Mobile software development (Android or iOS)
- Exposure to AWS services and infrastructure-as-code principles
- Experience with games console development:
- XBox One / Series X
- Nintendo Switch
- Familiarity with C++ in the context of
- Qt application development
- Understanding of Asymmetric Cryptography
- Understanding of Graphics Programming
This position will join an incredibly talented and diverse workforce as part of a pioneering and visionary technology start-up. In return you can expect:
- 28 days holiday, plus additional time off over the festive period
- £120 towards improving your home set up (we will provide devices and equipment required for you role, this budget can be used to make your home set up more comfortable)
- Optional private healthcare
- Annual Learning and Development budget
- Anonymous health and wellbeing platform
- Flexible/remote working options
We are currently working remotely and interviews will take place via Zoom/Video call. We do have an office located in Edinburgh City Centre, that is available for use!
(Although we take a flexible approach to remote working, there will be occasions where travel to our HQ or core locations is expected - please take this into consideration when applying!)
At Speech Graphics/Rapport we value our staff and treat everyone with respect and without discrimination. We are committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from a diverse and multicultural workforce.
Please note this is a UK based role and applicants will require legal right to work in the UK.