At Rapport, we’re building a fast-growing team of brand evangelists, scientists, engineers, designers, and doers who are focused on creating a positive future for human-machine communication. We solve hard problems and hold ourselves and our tech to a higher standard. We bring to life the physical manifestation of a brand, putting a face to the name. We are not your average “animation company”. We tackle every project with unbridled enthusiasm, promising to deliver the best experience--whether that be for internal employees, or enterprise leaders, customers, and clients.
As the most advanced, and most natural way to interact with an animated AI or character, we continue to disrupt the traditional animation industry.
The Senior Python engineer will build key product features and components which will power our Rapport platform. The work you do will have a visible impact in the communication and entertainment industries. The Initial main focus will be developing Back-end APIs.
- Experience working with a web application framework like Django
- Experience working with a API framework like Sanic, Flask
- Best coding practices and ability to design for resilience, operability and scalability
- Code structure
- Name conventions
- Smooth integration with CI/CD pipelines: Jenkins
- Unit & Client testing
- Experience with Microservices
- Experience with Docker
- Database experience: DynamoDB/SQL
- Interest in best practices in the cloud
- Understanding of AWS offerings, DNS, HA
- Strong group-based problem-solving skills and spirit of teamwork
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Ability to work within a schedule and deliver effectively to deadlines
- Degree in Computer Sciences or related discipline
Please note these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the role.
- Experience migrating existing services written in other languages/services.
- Experience with AWS resources such as CDK, Amplify, Cognito, Aurora. ECS, Fargate, Cloudwatch
- Front-end experience, using a framework like Vue.js
- 3 years experience in a similar role
- Any formal cloud-based training and/or industry accredited certification is a plus
In return you can expect:
- Annual holiday allowance - with additional time off over Christmas and New Year
- £120 GBP to improve your home working - we provide the devices and tools required for your role, this is an additional budget used to make your home set up more comfortable
- Flexible hours and remote working
- Annual Learning and Development budget
- Company retreats
- Commuting and refreshments budget
We are currently working remotely and interviews will take place via Zoom/Video call.
At Rapport we value our staff and treat everyone with respect and without discrimination. We are committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from a diverse and multicultural workforce.