Product marketing manager
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate is passionate about ensuring product and marketing collaborate to achieve business goals. You live and breathe the experience of the customer, and always advocate for their needs first. You have a knack for writing intelligent, witty copy; you probably dream in CTAs and Workflows, and your ability to communicate with both technical and creatives is strong. You consider yourself a product marketing generalist, and love tackling new challenges.
You’re comfortable executing the nitty gritty details of an onboarding user journey, or referral campaign, and you love talking with customers. You also love executing with others on B2B campaigns targeting Fortune 500 companies, while remembering you’re marketing to humans--stale enterprise marketing isn’t in your vocabulary.
You know how to self-motivate to deliver on time, while also collaborating and communicating effectively with a distributed team. You have a thirst for knowledge and are looking to grow your career in a fast-paced startup.
At Rapport, we’re building a fast-growing team of brand evangelists, scientists, engineers, designers, and doers who are focused on creating a positive future for human-machine communication. We solve hard problems and hold ourselves and our tech to a higher standard. We bring to life the physical manifestation of a brand, putting a face to the name. We are not your average “animation company”. We tackle every project with unbridled enthusiasm, promising to deliver the best experience--whether that be for internal employees, or enterprise leaders, customers, and clients.
As the most advanced, and most natural way to interact with an animated AI or character, we continue to disrupt the traditional animation industry.
Want to join us?
The Product Marketing Manager will work closely with the VP of Marketing as an early marketing team member. You will help execute the marketing vision for Rapport, as it relates to the product roadmap. You will also collaborate frequently with the VP of Product and Product + Engineering teams to ensure a strong communication process is created between Marketing, Product, Engineering, and Sales. You will also have the opportunity to play a key role in informing our product roadmap, and creating awareness, early adoption, and retention of our customers. You will be responsible for executing projects, campaigns, and programs, ultimately driving new sign ups, being part of a product launch, and inspiring loyalty from new and existing clients.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Research and develop market positioning and in-product messaging strategy to drive market awareness, customer acquisition, and build long term relationships.
- Identify key value propositions
- Collaborate with other members of the Marketing team + Sales team to create and deliver sales enablement materials
- Help execute a GTM strategy to attract new developers and drive early developer adoption
- You’ll help the VP of Marketing create the in-product voice for Rapport. The Marketing team is the protector and champion of the Rapport brand--ensuring everyone on the team is using a consistent brand voice across all marketing collateral
- Partner with key stakeholders within and outside the marketing team (product + engineering) to develop and deliver integrated marketing campaigns, and define product deliverables and solutions
- Develop and test lead gen campaigns with other members of the marketing team
- Conduct customer research and share key findings with leadership team
- Data-driven and an ability to think strategically and develop data driven hypotheses to test and refine
Requirements / Qualifications
- 3-5 years of hands-on product marketing or developer evangelist experience, preferably in a startup environment
- Superior written, verbal, and visual communication skills–this is vital to the role
- A passion for researching and understanding the customer, their needs, and how we can best address them through an exceptional, on brand product experience
- B2B/Enterprise marketing experience is a plus, especially optimizing onboarding and retention
- Technical knowledge to communicate authentically with developers about things like APIs, cloud computing, iPaaS, and web applications
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite + Figma
- Excellent time management skills with a serious attention to detail
- Able to handle ambiguity and previous experience driving product marketing goals from ideation to completion
- Strong work ethic, with a deep sense of accountability
- BS/BA in marketing, business, or a related field required
- Bay Area preferred, but PST time zone is ok
Rapport offers a competitive benefit package including:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Stock options
- Advancement opportunities
- Remote work environment with a dynamic culture + international team
Discrimination/harassment will never be tolerated. There will be no discrimination based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on 'protected categories,' we also strive to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our team.
Contact: email@example.com to submit a cover letter + resume.