THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Rapport is seeking a proactive and personable Product Manager, who is interested in working with us to build the future of human-machine communications. This role would be best suited to candidates from an engineering background, looking to transition to Product Management, or those who may hold many of the key responsibilities/required skills in their current role and wish to expand on this further.
The Product Manager will develop a vision and roadmap for our product through input from internal stakeholders, customers, market research and using Agile principles. They will continuously deliver commercial products that solve real customer problems and are delivered to a consistently high standard.
This role will bridge the gap between the customer team, research team, engineering team and other internal stakeholders; it is important that they are comfortable in adapting their language and approach to best suit the requirements, comfortably switching between technical and non-technical language.
At Rapport, we’re building a fast-growing team of brand evangelists, scientists, engineers, designers, and doers who are focused on creating a positive future for human-machine communication. We solve hard problems and hold ourselves and our tech to a higher standard. We bring to life the physical manifestation of a brand, putting a face to the name. We are not your average “animation company”. We tackle every project with unbridled enthusiasm, promising to deliver the best experience--whether that be for internal employees, or enterprise leaders, customers, and clients.
As the most advanced, and most natural way to interact with an animated AI or character, we continue to disrupt the traditional animation industry.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Defining the product roadmaps and the design of products and features based on business requirements
- Writing Functional Requirements including user stories and acceptance criteria
- Managing and maintaining cross-functional communication
- Being the go-to person on the latest news surrounding product, the market, relevant technology and competition
- Evaluating the software developments against product requirements to ensure these are delivered to plan
- Being a product enthusiast, both internally and externally
The Product Manager will report to the Head of Product and Project Management, and your work will have a visible impact on the company’s overall goals.
The ideal candidate will be well-versed in communicating and collaborating with multiple stakeholders and teams, with an ability to adapt their approach between technically focused, commercially focused and creativity focused departments (to name a few!).
The candidate should be comfortable defining business and technical product requirements and driving innovation, definition, roadmaps and design of the new products or features, looking to continually improve processes and products.
Ideally, we would like this person to be someone looking to grow their career in a fast-paced startup, where they will be given an opportunity to enhance and develop their skills in an ambitious and passionate team.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to discuss strategic and tactical issues, with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong understanding of software development with experience in one or more of the following areas: Cloud-based Infrastructure, API Services, AI, Data Analytics, Process and service automation
- Experience of delivering in an Agile development
- Self-motivated and able to manage multiple priorities
- Able to delegate when needed
- Ability to engage the team and bring some fun to the role!
This highlights useful skills and experience, but are not essential requirements:
- Experience working in a start-up environment
- Programming experience in one or more of Python, Node.js, C++
- Familiarity with AWS services
- Experience with full end to end of product life cycle from concept to release and support/end-of-life
- Technical ability with other planning or development software (Github, Jira etc.)
- Experience with A/B Testing and/or writing acceptance tests
- Understanding of software performance measurement
We are currently working remotely and interviews will take place via Zoom/Video call. In the future we are hoping to reopen an office in Edinburgh City Centre, which will act as our company HQ. (Although we take a flexible approach to remote working, there will be occasions where travel to our HQ or core locations is expected)
At Rapport we value our staff and treat everyone with respect and without discrimination. We are committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from a diverse and multicultural workforce.
Rapport offers a competitive benefit package including:
- Pension Scheme
- Private Health Insurance
- Online Mental Health Support
- Generous Holiday Allowance
- Working from home support
- Flexible working hours
- Advancement opportunities
- Stock options in future staff option rounds