THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate is passionate about the latest cloud technologies and how to create scalable elegant solutions using them.
You have a knack for picking up new technologies quickly and identifying and implementing the most relevant ones.
You know how to self-motivate to deliver on time, while also collaborating and communicating effectively with a distributed team. You have a thirst for knowledge and are looking to grow your career in a fast-paced startup.
At Rapport, we’re building a fast-growing team of brand evangelists, scientists, engineers, designers, and doers who are focused on creating a positive future for human-machine communication. We solve hard problems and hold ourselves and our tech to a higher standard. We bring to life the physical manifestation of a brand, putting a face to the name. We are not your average “animation company”. We tackle every project with unbridled enthusiasm, promising to deliver the best experience--whether that be for internal employees, or enterprise leaders, customers, and clients.
As the most advanced, and most natural way to interact with an animated AI or character, we continue to disrupt the traditional animation industry.
Want to join us?
The Principal Cloud Engineer will work to support the development and deployment of our network platform applications to AWS Public Cloud. We will count on you to plan our cloud strategy and guide us executing on that strategy. Responsibilities will include researching, designing, prototyping, implementing, and supporting solutions while collaborating with the development team members, and mentoring them. The work you do will have a visible impact in communication and entertainment industries.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- A degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 8 years of strong cloud implementation or consulting experience
- Experience with core AWS offerings and services such as EC2, S3, VPC, ELB, RDS, Glacier, Route 53, CloudWatch, Cognito, Elasticache
- Skills to architect and implement efficient and reusable services on the Amazon Web Services stack using Lambda, API Gateway, SQS, SNS and DynamoDB, provisioned using CloudFormation
- Experience using Docker container over AWS (Fargate, ECS)
- Experience with CI/CD Pipelines
- Experience with Unit testing
- Ability to design for resilience and operability, identify and resolve scalability and performance issues
- Solid understanding of security best practices in the cloud
- Leadership qualities including strong communication skills, empathy, mentorship, group-based problem solving skills and spirit of teamwork (code reviews, sharing knowledge with other engineers)
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Ability to work within a schedule and deliver effectively to deadlines
- Strong work ethic, with a deep sense of accountability
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
Please note these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the role.
- Knowledge/experience with Fargate, ECS, ECR,, Packer, Amplify and GraphQL
- Experience using CDK
- Any formal cloud based training and/or industry accredited certification is a plus
Rapport offers a competitive benefit package including:
- Pension Scheme
- Private Health Insurance
- Online Mental Health Support
- Generous Holiday Allowance
- Working from home support
- Flexible working hours
- Advancement opportunities
- Stock options in future staff option rounds