At Rapport, we’re building a fast-growing team of brand evangelists, scientists, engineers, designers, and doers who are focused on creating a positive future for human-machine communication. We solve hard problems and hold ourselves and our tech to a higher standard. We bring to life the physical manifestation of a brand, putting a face to the name. We are not your average “animation company”. We tackle every project with unbridled enthusiasm, promising to deliver the best experience--whether that be for internal employees, or enterprise leaders, customers, and clients.
As the most advanced, and most natural way to interact with an animated AI or character, we continue to disrupt the traditional animation industry.
The Principal Cloud Engineer will work to support the development and deployment of our network platform applications to AWS Public Cloud. We will count on you to plan our cloud strategy and guide us executing on that strategy. Responsibilities will include researching, designing, prototyping, implementing, and supporting solutions while collaborating with the development team members, and mentoring them. The work you do will have a visible impact in communication and entertainment industries.
- Experience with core AWS offerings and services such as EC2, S3, VPC, ELB, RDS, Glacier, Route 53, CloudWatch, Cognito, Elasticache
- Skills to architect and implement efficient and reusable services on the Amazon Web Services stack using Lambda, API Gateway, SQS, SNS and DynamoDB, provisioned using CloudFormation
- Experience using Docker container over AWS (Fargate, ECS)
- Experience with CI/CD Pipelines
- Experience with Unit testing
- Ability to design for resilience and operability, identify and resolve scalability and performance issues
- Solid understanding of security best practices in the cloud
- Leadership qualities including strong communication skills, empathy, mentorship, group-based problem solving skills and spirit of teamwork (code reviews, sharing knowledge with other engineers)
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Ability to work within a schedule and deliver effectively to deadlines
- Strong work ethic, with a deep sense of accountability
- For the level of experience required, we expect a minimum of 8 years of strong cloud implementation or consulting would be required
Please note these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the role.
- A degree in Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge/experience with Fargate, ECS, ECR,, Packer, Amplify and GraphQL
- Experience using CDK
- Any formal cloud based training and/or industry accredited certification is a plus
This position will join an incredibly talented and diverse workforce as part of a pioneering and visionary technology start-up.
In return you can expect:
- Annual holiday allowance - with additional time off over Christmas and New Year
- £120 GBP to improve your home working - we provide the devices and tools required for your role, this is an additional budget used to make your home set up more comfortable
- Flexible hours and remote working
- Annual Learning and Development budget
- Company retreats
- Commuting and refreshments budget
We are currently working remotely and interviews will take place via Zoom/Video call.
At Rapport we value our staff and treat everyone with respect and without discrimination. We are committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from a diverse and multicultural workforce.