THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate is passionate about designing and developing highly scalable serverless solutions in the AWS cloud.
You have a knack for picking up new technologies quickly and identifying and implementing the most relevant ones.
You know how to self-motivate to deliver on time, while also collaborating and communicating effectively with a distributed team. You have a thirst for knowledge and are looking to grow your career in a fast-paced startup.
At Rapport, we’re building a fast-growing team of brand evangelists, scientists, engineers, designers, and doers who are focused on creating a positive future for human-machine communication. We solve hard problems and hold ourselves and our tech to a higher standard. We bring to life the physical manifestation of a brand, putting a face to the name. We are not your average “animation company”. We tackle every project with unbridled enthusiasm, promising to deliver the best experience--whether that be for internal employees, or enterprise leaders, customers, and clients.
As the most advanced, and most natural way to interact with an animated AI or character, we continue to disrupt the traditional animation industry.
Want to join us?
The Node.js Engineer will be supporting the development and deployment of our network platform applications to AWS Public Cloud. The work you do will have a visible impact in communication and entertainment industries.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- A degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of software development
- Experience with CI/CD Pipelines (Jenkins)
- Ability to design for resilience, operability and scalability
- Interest in best practices in the cloud
- Unit testing experience
- Strong group-based problem-solving skills and spirit of teamwork
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Ability to work within a schedule and deliver effectively to deadlines
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
Please note these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the role.
- Python & Golang API development
- Experience with core AWS offerings and services such as EC2, ECS, S3, VPC, CDK, Amplify
- Any formal cloud-based training and/or industry accredited certification is a plus.
In return you can expect:
- Annual holiday allowance - with additional time off over Christmas and New Year
- £120 GBP to improve your home working - we provide the devices and tools required for your role, this is an additional budget used to make your home set up more comfortable
- Flexible hours and remote working
- Annual Learning and Development budget
- Company retreats
- Commuting and refreshments budget
We are currently working remotely and interviews will take place via Zoom/Video call.
At Rapport we value our staff and treat everyone with respect and without discrimination. We are committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from a diverse and multicultural workforce.