At Rapport, we’re building a fast-growing team of brand evangelists, scientists, engineers, designers, and doers who are focused on creating a positive future for human-machine communication. We solve hard problems and hold ourselves and our tech to a higher standard. We bring to life the physical manifestation of a brand, putting a face to the name. We are not your average “animation company”. We tackle every project with unbridled enthusiasm, promising to deliver the best experience--whether that be for internal employees, or enterprise leaders, customers, and clients.
As the most advanced, and most natural way to interact with an animated AI or character, we continue to disrupt the traditional animation industry.
Rapport (powered by Speech Graphics) is looking for a Front-end developer who has experience with WebGL or related technologies, who is unafraid to experiment and who enjoys working with unproven technologies or systems.
You know how to self-motivate to deliver on time, while also collaborating and communicating effectively with a distributed team. You have a thirst for knowledge and are looking to grow your career in a fast-paced startup.This role will report to the Lead Software Engineer on the team, and work with all disciplines in the company.
Job responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Working closely with the team taking ideas from design, through to prototyping and production
- Working on improving and modernizing the codebase
- Researching, analysing and explaining possible approaches to unique problems
- Testing, debugging, profiling, analysing, and optimising your code
- Comfortable working within HTML5 (mainly with Canvas and Stream elements)
- Excellent communication skills - ability to actively listen, to engage with others and communicate effectively whether in-person, over Zoom, or in written comms
- Ability to work comfortably with a team of mixed disciplines
- Flexible and adapatable to changing requirements
- Proactive individual with a can-do attitude
- A good level of written and spoken English is required, as our documentation is written in US English. This role will also work closely with our UK and US employees
These are nice to have, but not essential to the role!
- Some knowledge of WebGL (or other 3D APIs such as OpenGL or OpenGL|ES is highly desired, as well as experience with basic scenegraph management)
- Experience with Three.js
- Basic WebRTC and Browser Audio experience
- Passionate about games development and technology
- Continuous learning mindset
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- This position will join an incredibly talented and diverse workforce as part of a pioneering and visionary technology start-up.In return you can expect:
- Annual holiday allowance - with additional time off over Christmas and New Year
- £120 GBP to improve your home working - we provide the devices and tools required for your role, this is an additional budget used to make your home set up more comfortable
- Flexible hours and remote working
- Annual Learning and Development budget
- Company retreats
- Commuting and refreshments budget