Human Resources Manager
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate is passionate about building a dynamic team and aligning personal growth with the growth ambitions of the business. You have a knack for getting people onside, and your delivery track record is strong. You consider yourself an HR generalist, and love tackling new challenges.
You’re comfortable executing the nitty gritty details of policy update, and you love bringing people together to blossom as a team. You also love developing strategic vision with others, while remembering you are responsible for keeping everyone compliant with regulations--you know how to perform a balancing act.
You know how to self-motivate to deliver on time, while also collaborating and communicating effectively with a distributed team. You have a thirst for novel solutions in your field of expertise and are looking to grow your career in a fast-paced startup.
At Rapport, we’re building a fast-growing team of brand evangelists, scientists, engineers, designers, and doers who are focused on creating a positive future for human-machine communication. We solve hard problems and hold ourselves and our tech to a higher standard. We bring to life the physical manifestation of a brand, putting a face to the name. We are not your average “animation company”. We tackle every project with unbridled enthusiasm, promising to deliver the best experience--whether that be for internal employees, or enterprise leaders, customers, and clients.
As the most advanced, and most natural way to interact with an animated AI or character, we continue to disrupt the traditional animation industry.
Want to join us?
This new position is a key role in the business, and will report to the Chief Finance Officer. Day-to-day responsibilities will be varied and will include a high level of interaction with the team in the US and UK. By ensuring that the company attracts, retains and develops the most talented and energetic team members, you will be responsible for making the company a highly desirable place to work.
This opportunity would suit an entrepreneurial HR professional looking to work in a dynamic environment where everyone makes a difference.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Employee Lifecycle. Manage end to end recruitment, onboarding, orientation and all other aspects of the employee lifecycle in the UK and US
- Development and Engagement. Implement and oversee a programme of personal and team growth activities that will support the aspirations and needs of our people as individuals and as a group
- Operations. Ensure that relevant records, contracts and handbooks are kept up to date, compliant, and easily located in line with data protection requirements. Take the lead in dealings with external providers, including our PEO in the US and external recruiters
- Benefits and Appraisals. Take control of the appraisal process, and align this with salary and benefits planning across the organisation. Deliver a manageable and equitable compensation process
- Overall People Strategy. Partnering with the Executive Team, develop, deliver, and distribute an overall vision that will enhance and underpin all the above activities and equip the business for rapid growth
Requirements / qualifications
- Extensive hands-on operational HR experience, preferably in a small company environment
- Excellent organisational skills, demonstrating the ability to set and meet deadlines
- Strong work ethic, demonstrating a deep sense of accountability
- Impeccable discretion, demonstrating an awareness and understanding of confidentiality requirements
- Good communication skills, demonstrating the ability to build empathy and rapport across a very diverse and very talented team
- Good adaptability, demonstrating the ability to be flexible and and develop commercial solutions
- Good attention to detail, demonstrating the ability to swiftly troubleshoot information
- Confident explaining rules and regulations, demonstrating influencing and coaching skills
- Comfortable using different software packages (we use G-Suite as much as possible, but also Slack, MS Office, Zoom and others)
- General experience of HR systems and software (knowledge of BreatheHR a plus)
- Experience of working with a PEO in the US a plus
- CIPD qualification a plus, but we recognise that many applicants will be qualified by experience
- Able to get to Edinburgh with a reasonable amount of notice (at present we are all working from home, but we expect to re-establish an office in Edinburgh during 2021)
Rapport offers a competitive benefit package including:
- Pension Scheme
- Private Health Insurance
- 35 days annual leave, including floating public holidays
- Share Option Scheme
- Support with ongoing learning, including CIPD
- Flexible working (we are comfortable with home-working requirements and are also very open to applicants who would like to work part-time)
Discrimination/harassment will never be tolerated. There will be no discrimination based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on 'protected categories,' we also strive to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our team.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org to submit a cover letter + resume.