At Rapport, we’re building a fast-growing team of brand evangelists, scientists, engineers, designers, and doers who are focused on creating a positive future for human-machine communication. We solve hard problems and hold ourselves and our tech to a higher standard. We bring to life the physical manifestation of a brand, putting a face to the name. We are not your average “animation company”. We tackle every project with unbridled enthusiasm, promising to deliver the best experience--whether that be for internal employees, or enterprise leaders, customers, and clients.
As the most advanced, and most natural way to interact with an animated AI or character, we continue to disrupt the traditional animation industry.
Rapport (powered by Speech Graphics) is looking for a Front-end developer who has experience with WebGL or related technologies, who is unafraid to experiment and who enjoys working with unproven technologies or systems.
You know how to self-motivate to deliver on time, while also collaborating and communicating effectively with a distributed team. You have a thirst for knowledge and are looking to grow your career in a fast-paced startup.This role will report to the Lead Software Engineer on the team, and work with all disciplines in the company.
Job responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Working closely with the team taking ideas from design, through to prototyping and production
- Working to improve our code
- Research, analyse and explain possible approaches to unique problems
- Test, debug, profile, analyse and optimise your code
- Excellent communication skills - ability to actively listen, to engage with others and communicate effectively whether in-person, over Zoom, or in written comms
- Ability to work comfortably with a team of mixed disciplines
- Some knowledge of WebGL (or other 3D APIs such as OpenGL or OpenGL|ES is highly desired, as well as experience with basic scenegraph management)
- Demonstrable experience with ThreeJS
- Comfortable working within HTML5 (mainly with Canvas and Stream elements
- Flexible and adapatable to changing requirements
- Proactive individual with a can-do attitude
- A good level of written and spoken English is required, as our documentation is written in US English. This role will also work closely with our UK and US employees
These are nice to have, but not essential to the role!
- Basic WebRTC and Browser Audio experience
- Passionate about games development and technology
- Continuous learning mindset
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
This position will join an incredibly talented and diverse workforce as part of a pioneering and visionary technology start-up.In return you can expect:
- Annual holiday allowance - with additional time off over Christmas and New Year
- £120 GBP to improve your home working - we provide the devices and tools required for your role, this is an additional budget used to make your home set up more comfortable
- Flexible hours and remote working
- Annual Learning and Development budget
- Company retreats
- Commuting and refreshments budget
We are currently working remotely and interviews will take place via Zoom/Video call. We are looking to have an office based in Hungary (our HQ is Edinburgh, City Centre, UK), once this has been established there will be some requirements to travel to the Budapest-based office for certain meetings - please keep this location in mind when applying.
At Rapport we value our staff and treat everyone with respect and without discrimination. We are committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from a diverse and multicultural workforce.