The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate is passionate about the latest cloud technologies and how to create scalable elegant solutions using them.
You have a knack for picking up new technologies quickly and identifying and implementing the most relevant ones.
You know how to self-motivate to deliver on time, while also collaborating and communicating effectively with a distributed team. You have a thirst for knowledge and are looking to grow your career in a fast-paced startup.
At Rapport, we’re building a fast-growing team of brand evangelists, scientists, engineers, designers, and doers who are focused on creating a positive future for human-machine communication. We solve hard problems and hold ourselves and our tech to a higher standard. We bring to life the physical manifestation of a brand, putting a face to the name. We are not your average “animation company”. We tackle every project with unbridled enthusiasm, promising to deliver the best experience--whether that be for internal employees, or enterprise leaders, customers, and clients.
As the most advanced, and most natural way to interact with an animated AI or character, we continue to disrupt the traditional animation industry.
Want to join us?
The Cloud Engineer will work with the Vice President of Engineering. to support the development and deployment of our network platform applications to AWS Public Cloud. The work you do will have a visible impact in communication and entertainment industries.
Essential qualifications / requirements
- A degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of software development
- Working experience with Serverless technologies (Lambda, DynamoDB, API GW, SQS, SNS) and Infrastructure as Code (CloudFormation)
- Familiar with CI/CD Pipelines (Jenkins)
- Ability to design for resilience and operability
- Solid understanding of security best practices in the cloud
- Unit testing experience
- Strong group-based problem-solving skills and spirit of teamwork
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Ability to work within a schedule and deliver effectively to deadlines
- Strong work ethic, with a deep sense of accountability
Desired qualifications / requirements
Please note these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the role.
- Experience with core AWS offerings and services such as EC2, ECS, S3, VPC, CDK, Amplify
- Any formal cloud-based training and/or industry accredited certification is a plus
Rapport offers a competitive benefit package including:
- Pension Scheme
- Private Health Insurance
- Online Mental Health Support
- Generous Holiday Allowance
- Working from home support
- Flexible working hours
- Advancement opportunities
- Stock options in future staff option rounds
Discrimination/harassment will never be tolerated. There will be no discrimination based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on 'protected categories,' we also strive to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our team.
Contact: email@example.com to submit a cover letter + resume.